The Biogarantie® label
Biogarantie® is an organic label. This label is promoting and managing products issued from the organic farming. Biogarantie® supervises and guarantees the organic quality of the product. When developing its specifications, Biogarantie® takes into account the durability including the social, ecological and economical aspects based on the principles of organic farming.
- to enable the consumer to easily identify the organic products without any mistake.
- to develop the organic sector and to supervise the correct use of the Biogarantie® label.
- to anticipate the evolution of the legislation by defining specifications for fields which are not dealt with in the European regulation.
- The specifications
- The right management of the label.
Products issued from organic farming have to be in accordance with the following standards :
- Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 of 28 June 2007 on organic production and labelling of organic products and repealing Regulation (EEC) No 2092/91 and its amendments.
- The Biogarantie® specifications
Ecogarantie® is the Belgian trademark for ecological products. It serves as an instrument for the promotion and management of this kind of products.
Ecogarantie® verifies and guarantees the ecological quality of a given product. To develop its standards, Ecogarantie® takes into account social, ecological and economic aspects, while respecting both life cycle and ustainability throughout several generations.
The mission of Ecogarantie® includes
- helping consumers and companies to identify ecological products easily and reliably. Thereby guaranteeing as much as possible transparency for consumers and companies by manner of clear rules and complete labelling of the product.
- verifying the use of the trademark Ecogarantie® on the ecological product. The ecological quality of the product is contained in the principle of obligatory means more so than in obligatory results. The presence of the mark aims at the ecological quality of the product in the field of durability, safety and minimal impact on the environment, low aquatic toxicity and good biodegradability and in the field of restriction of harmful minerals.
- anticipating -in a strive towards continual amelioration of the own specifications- the positive evolution of the legislation by defining standards for areas not yet covered by the European legislation.
This can be accomplished through
- A (good) management of the trademark
- The independent system of certification and verification
- Ingredients and methods of preparation are selected according to their ecological properties and origin.
Ecogarantie® Specifications (pdf)
Agreement for the use of the collective brands Biogarantie®/ Ecogarantie® (pdf)
Contract for certifying within the scope of the Biogarantie ® / Ecogarantie® agreement (pdf)
Subcontractor: agreement on respect of Biogarantie®/Ecogarantie® (pdf)
Please contact Nathalie Borgers : email@example.com for any further information